Press "Enter" to skip to content

Saudi Aramco CEO Said That They Had Risen Again from The Attack

Saudi Aramco has risen from attacks on its oil facilities “stronger than ever,” Chief Executive Officer Amin Nasser informed workers in a message, including that full oil production would resume by the end of this month.

After the September 14 at the Abqaiq and Khurais plants Attacks, some of Saudi Arabia’s biggest, induced raging fires and significant damage that halved the crude output of the world’s prime oil exporter, by closing 5.7 million barrels per day of production.

“The fires that have been supposed to destroy Saudi Aramco had an unintended consequence: they galvanized 70,000 of us around a mission to rebound shortly and confidently, and Saudi Aramco has come out of this state stronger than ever,” Nasser mentioned within the internal message.

Six days after the assault, which hit at the heart of the Saudi energy industry and intensified a decades-long battle with archrival Iran, the state oil giant Aramco invited reporters on Friday to look at the damage and the restoration efforts.

Thousands of employees and contractors have been pulled from different projects to work around the clock to deliver production back. Aramco is shipping the equipment from the United States and Europe to restore the damaged facilities, Aramco officials informed reporters.

Aramco already brought back a part of the lost production and will return to pre-attacks level by the end of September, Nasser mentioned.

Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman stated on Tuesday that Saudi Arabia had used its reserves to maintain oil supply flows to clients abroad and inside the kingdom.

Yemen’s Houthi group claimed responsibility for the attacks however a US official stated they originated from southwestern Iran. Tehran, which helps the Houthis, has denied any involvement in the attacks.

Saudi Arabia says 18 drones and three missiles had been fired at Abqaiq, the world’s largest oil processing facility, whereas four missiles hit the Khurais facility.

No casualties had been reported at either site although thousands of staff and contractors work and live in the area.